April 11, 2009

Tex-Mex Migas

Everything is a fair game for breakfast as that's the opening meal of the day and for me especially it can make or break my day! Migas is one such keep-sake recipe for those busy mornings, (where I can't spend more than 15 mins in the kitchen) as it has bountiful of flavors and is a quick dish to make. I first learnt about this from one of my friends from Texas. There this is served as a breakfast and is an essential part of their Tex-Mex cuisine.

..there is also one other version of Migas which is again a traditional dish in Spanish cuisine, where they use the left over bread, soaked in water overnight and then sauteed with a variety of ingredients and condiments.

I made the Tex-Mex version of Migas which make use of corn tortillas, eggs, onions, peppers and tomatoes. these are the basic ingredients for Migas and one can add any other left overs too.



Tex-Mex Migas (Basic recipe from FoodNetwork)

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 corn tortillas. ( I used store-bought lime tortillas, just to add some color and flavor :))
1 tsp butter
1 tbsp finely chopped onion
1 tbsp of chopped tomato
1 tbsp of minced bell peppers (I used red and yellow ones)
1 green chilli, minced
1/8 tsp paprika (optional)
1 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded

Preparation:

1. Cut the tortillas into thin squares and fry them in a tsp of oil for couple of mins. Drain and keep aside.

2. Heat butter in a pan, saute onions until golden brown. then add peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 mins. Add eggs and season with salt and paprika. Scramble until eggs are cooked.

3. Take some in a bowl and sprinkle some cheese over it just before serving. (Microwave for 30 sec to melt the cheese, if necessary!).


I am sending this as an entry to 'Event for Eggs', hosted by Sudeshna. :)

Have a fun-filled weekend ahead.

Chao,
Siri

18 comments :

  1. Very delicious breakfast recipe.I can eat this every morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great with the cheese on top!!Drooling..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea for a quick breakfast! I could eat this often, and for dinner too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to me..sounds healthy siri..delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking delicious....pretty new to me ..I should try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great breakfast dish.. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Siri! Never heard of it. With the cheese on top, looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks so delicious I have to try this mmmm will try and tell you siri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious, prefect for breakfast:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. New recipe to add to my quick breakfast list..looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow looks yum. Congratulations on winning Cynthia's cook book....Iam very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that must've been one heavenly breakfast! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of migas. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheese..yum. But I dont think I will have the patience to make this for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am new to all this,but this recipe sure looks delicious,will surely try it out.

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...