September 20, 2007

My Favorite Snack: Bajji Platter

Bajji / Bhajiya was, is and will be THE all-time favorite snack. On a gloomy - rainy - chilly day, the aroma of these hot hot bajjis is exhilarating and eye-popping...:)

So, when Hima asked "Whats Your Favortie Snack" ..... I screamed, You screamed, We all screamed for Bhajiyas..:D
Also sending the same for Ashaji's RCI Karnataka Event. Bajji is a favorite snack in Karnataka cuisine.

We can use almost all vegetables worth their flesh to make Bajjis out of them. My Bajji Platter has - Paneer, Aloo, Gobi (Cauliflower), Brinjal, Brocolli, Onion, Capsicum and Bread Bhajiyas. Ya Ya, I know, that I missed out Mirchi and Plaintains. But, I didn't have any..:(.



Ingredients:

Veggies, Paneer - as listed above.
Bread slices - 2
ChickPea flour - 2 cups
All Purpose Flour - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Turmeric - 1/4 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tbsp
Chopped Garlic - for flavor (optional)
Chopped Green Chillies - 1/2 tbsp
Oil - for frying



Method:

1. Mix all the dry ingredients listed and make a fine batter by adding water.
2. Add the veggies, paneer and bread pieces one by one into the batter.
3. Deep fry these in hot oil untill golden brown. Drain the excess oil on a paper towel.
4. Serve hot with chilly sauce or any kind of chutney ... Sit back and enjoii ..:D

14 comments :

  1. Why don't you pass that bajji platter to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Thanks Suma and Kanchana for dropping by.. One One plate of bajji in on your way right away..hehhe :D..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum...i love bajjis..i want to eat all of that :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy siri! what a spread of bajji. Even I want that plate too. Great entry dear. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ One One plate to rajitha and jyothi.. :D

    Status: packed and sent thru Fedex.. hehhehe..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone else does the frying and hands me the plate, I dont feel that guilty :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a mouth watering platter. Love bajjis, pretty simple and satisfying snacks. Thanks for sending them across to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tha bajji platter looks absolutely delicious!!! Makes lovely evening snack with tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DELICIOUS I love Bajjis. I can just eat one after the other non stop.You know looking to the pic i am dead hungry. And worse thing is i don't have plate FULL of Bajjis next to me :-((((((

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Siri, Bajjis look yum, my fave too for winter a or rainy days!:))
    Thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Siri, my first time here, but not hte last time...
    Who would nto love bhajis? I am nuts about them. The onion ones, particularly. Yours look well spiced up , i like that.. but what i was very amazed with was the lovely dish set...

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Suganya: So true dear..:D

    @ Hima, Cinnamon, Happy cook, Asha and Zlamushka : Thanks to all for ur sweet comments..:D.. do drop by again..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Valerie - You can follow the same recipe for bread slices as well. It is called Bread Pakoda in Hindi. :-)

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...