November 17, 2007

Paneer Achari ( Indian Cottage Cheese - Spiced Up !)

Ok, enough of non-foodie posts, taking up the NaBloPoMo challenge doesn't mean that, I disrupt my culinary posts. So, here I am with some spiced up Indian Cottage Cheese (Paneer Achari) specially for Sunita's Think:Spice - Ginger event.




Today, I was in a mood to have lots and lots of Paneer...:).. At times, it happens rite when we feel like having something desperately.... reason hmmmmm "unknown!"... its one such day..!!
So, as usual, I was blog hoping for one such recipe, when I stumbled upon this "Paneer Achari" recipe and the amazing fact is that I have all the stuff needed in my pantry which is typically not the case with me...:)...Here is the recipe....



Ingredients:

1 cup Paneer cubes (Indian Cottage Cheese)
6-7 tbsp of Yogurt
1/2 medium lemon

For Achari paste:

1 tbsp Coriander powder
1/4 tbsp mustard powder
1/2 tbsp Cumin powder
3-4 pinches of Hing (Asafetida)
1/2 tbsp Ginger paste
Salt - to taste
2 Green Chillies
1/2 tbsp Garam masala
1/2 tbsp Fenugreek powder
1/2 tbsp Turmeric
1/2 tbsp Chilli powder
2 tbsp Olive Oil ( or any vegetable oil)

Its not necessary to take the exact amounts of the spices. eyeballing them would do.

How to make:

1. Grind all the ingredients listed for Achari paste with very little water.
2. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice to achari paste.
3. Now, add the paneer cubes to the paste such that they are coated properly. Marinate them for a while if desired.
4. In a pan, take some oil, add coated paneer cubes and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
5. Garnish with coriander and Serve hot with rice or rotis.


Note: Any vegetable like cauliflower, eggplant can be used instead of Paneer.

Seriously, its the yummiest Paneer dish I ever had - other than Paneer Butter Masala Ofcourse.

Enjoii..:D

19 comments :

  1. Tag, you're it! http://linesfromlinda.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely siri....when you have time try my pbm too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. siri, thanks for that lovely paneer entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Great .... very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's more like it. Say Thank you Recipzaar and your entry for Na...is in too!:))
    Paneer Achari looks delicious. Got to make some Paneer!Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Linda: Thanks hon!. I will be up for it in today's post.

    @ Sagari: Thanks dear! do try it some time. Its simple yet delish...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Srivalli: U rock dear, whatever u make is just delish. yup, next in my list is PBM.

    @ Seema: Thanks dearie..:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kitchen scientist: Thanks hon.

    @ Sunita: Its always my pleasure to participate in ur events dear. glad u liked my entry..:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ EC: Ya dear, it was so tempting that I took a fork and ate few paneer pieces. couldn't wait for it to be served .. hehehe..:)

    @ Ashaji: Thank you Recipebazaar and NaBloPoMo..:) and for ur sweet comments in my every post ashaji.. looking forward for ur Paneer recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi,

    well, thanks for linking to my recipe on recipezaar :). I saw your post on food blog desam and wanted to check out what the propotions etc. were for this achaari paneer - turned out its my recipe. I dont know where I got it from, but I too love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Looks very very mouth watering ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Sana: Oh Wow, it ur contribution to recipe bazaar. Thanks to that. I had such lovely time having this dish. relished each and every moment. Thanks again.

    @ Tee: Thanks dear, Do give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats really a nice paneer...great!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ SugarCrafts, Nerevised: Thanks for ur sweet comments. Glad u all liked my recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. name it self is making me drool...pics look even more tempting. thanx for the post.

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...