May 27, 2008

Recipe Marathon: Day 12 - Tindora/Dondakaya Rice

If you like Tindora/Dondakaya as much I do, then this rice is for YOU!




Ingredients:

1 cup Rice
1 cup frozen Tindora (or freshly cut Dondakaya!)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
2 slit Green Chillies
few fresh Curry leaves
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds

Preparation:

1. In a pressure cooker, heat some oil, add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Then add in curry leaves, green chillies and tindora. Cook for 4-5 minutes.

2. Soak rice for about 30 minutes. Add soaked rice to the pot and then season with salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well. Cook for 2 whistles and Set aside.

3. Serve hot with any curry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyday, I get to know so many new food blogger friends and their cute comments about how much they devoured the recipes. So, I thought why don't I introduce these enthusiastic food bloggers to all of my readers, under the name 'My Food Blogger Finds'.

In my first edition of 'My Food Blogger Finds', let me introduce Rajani of 'Vegetarian in Me'.

More about Rajani: in her own words...

A part time writer, some time film maker, more than half of the time 'kitchen queen' and completely, wholly full time mother. That's me and somewhat my life. Living in the middle east and being a vegetarian - what are my choices? I am still figuring that one out! Meanwhile my kitchen is my playground - and I set the rules here. Well I didn't start the blog to vent and rant but essentially to share with others the magic I see in my kitchen (which occasionally does dish out chicken and fish for my vegetably challenged husband). And also to share, remember and recreate foods that I have eaten, smelled, read about - now and in the past. So if you are as gastronomically inclined as I am towards trying out something new, something different, something that kids will enjoy - especially if it involves no meat - here's where the action is!

Glad to know you Rajani and Welcome to the World of Food Blogging!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe Marathon: Day 12 - Menu
----------------------------------------

Srivalli
Bhags
Arundati - Cook-up Rice
Lakshmi
Divya Vikram
Ranji
Swati
Dhivya
Raaga

Have a great Wednesday ahead!

Siri

10 comments :

  1. Lucky you! Tondekai is right next to you whenever you want it. Wonderful looking rice, will try when I get them next, got to drive to Greensboro to buy it!:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks siri for that great great welcome! from the world of the unknown lurker to the hallowed halls of blogging... I am already blushing! thrilled to bits! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely rice, Siri! never tried dondakaya rice, just ate it like curry. shall try this and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey introducing the new bloggers on your blog is a gr8 idea,this will surely help new bloggers like myself to get good exposure,encourage us and help us improve..Thanks a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  5. love tindora..But dont get much of them here..Looks too good Siri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, virtually every recipe you post is a temptation. I've printed off several to try. You are feeding my addiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice rice recipe...i think Valli shud get on with Rice mela after the current one is done...there are so many kinds of them.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your blogger finds idea. nice to meet you rajani.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Siri, the dish looks inviting! As a kid my fave side dish was 'Tendle' upkari thats tindora in Konkani. I loved the kanji combo wt this upperi n often mixed it well into my rice, which gave that look..took me back by 2 decades! thks so much for sharing n lovely idea of new intro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love kovakkai, Siri! I'm sure this rice would taste divine! Glad to see the recipe marathon going strong!! :)

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...