May 21, 2008

Tomato Coconut Chutney

Life is precious and priceless, but one thing thats even more important is Love... true love.. Lucky are those who treasure it for life....:)

A short story...

There was a blind boy who hated himself just because he was blind, he hated everyone, except his loving girlfriend, she was always there for him, he said that if he could only see the world, he would marry his girlfriend.. .

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to him and then he could see everything, including his girlfriend.

His girlfriend asked him, 'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?'

The boy was shocked when he saw that his girlfriend was blind too, and refused to marry her.

His girlfriend walked away in tears, and later wrote a letter to him saying, 'Just take care of my eyes dear.' (She had donated her eyes to him)

Only few remember what life was before, and who's always been there ever...

What make our lives complete is such self-forgetful love and compassion and a feeling that you are 'someone special' ...to....someone special!

.. and I am lucky to find such true love and this is 'his' recipe..:D.. 'S' knows my liking (just as my love for Eggs!) for any kind of 'Tomato Chutneys' and he made this for me last weekend..:)

...do I have to say I felt special (Yah! for a chutney.. hehehe!) and it tasted yummilicious!



Tomato Coconut Chutney
--------------------------------

Ingredients:

2 Tomatoes (cut into chunks)
3-4 tbsp shredded Coconut
1 medium sized Onion, chopped
2 cloves of Garlic, minced
2-3 Green chillies
Salt to taste
a bunch of fresh Coriander leaves (more the better!)
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Urad dal
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Red Chillies
a pinch of Hing

Preparation:

1. Heat oil in a wok, add in urad dal, cumin seeds, red chillies and hing. When they start to crackle add garlic and onions. Saute for 2-3 minutes until soft and tender.

2. Now add chunks of tomatoes, green chillies with fresh coriander and cook for 7-8 minutes on medium-low. When they are mushy and pulpy, add shredded coconut and mix well.

3. Season with salt and turmeric. Turn off the heat and grind the contents until smooth, to chutney like consistency, adding water if needed.

This can be served with hot rice or even as a yummy spread!.. I top this on toasted bread and relish every bite of it..Yum Yum Yummy!!..:D

Being an ardent lover of fresh fruits and vegetables, I am sending this colorful chutney to Abby's 'Vegetables, Beautiful vegetables 2008' event, celebrating the national vegetarian week (19th to 25th May) in UK.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These days, its raining awards in the blog-o-sphere and I am no exception..:D

notyet100 gave me 'You make my day' award. Thanks dear.

Each of my blog readers 'make my day' by their lovely and supportive comments. Thanks to one and all and I pass on this award to a dear friend of mine, who with her contagious smile truly make my day......complete and worthy!

Swati and Ranji, my co-marathon runners thought I was a Rocking!... Thanks dearies and I seriously lost count who received what. So, I dedicate this to all of my fellow bloggers who painstakingly cook, patiently take some drool worthy pictures and blog about them !..:D Happy Food Blogging folks!


Recipe Marathon Menu: Day 6 .. still going strong.. yeh yeh!

Arundathi made some utterly delicious Raspberry and Blueberry Muffins..
The Mela Queen whipped up Onion chapathis today!
Lakshmi blogs about how good Kashayam is..
Raaga made yummy looking Vegetable Focaccia.
Divya is up with Cauliflower-Peas Poriyal.
Ranji whipped up some Simple Jhovan
Want some Mint Coriander Chutney - Hop on to Swati's blog then!
Bhags made Baked Chapathi today!
Dhivs made some crunchy munchy Vegetable Chips!

*****************************************************************************************************************
Tried &Test # 7: Srivalli's Onion Tomato Sandwiches

My mama used to make just these yummy yet simple sandwiches when we were little and when Srivalli blogged about these, I felt very nostalgic as it reminded me of my mom and her tomato onion toasts!. (Oh ya, thats what my mama used to call them!..Love You and Miss You mom. )


Chao for now and Have a great Thursday!

Siri

15 comments :

  1. Thanks for the wonderful story, Siri! So touching! That's so nice of your hubby to make this chutney for you! And it really looks yummy! And Congrats for the awards. the sandwich looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh..siri you are in some mood!...nice sentiments!...

    lovely chutney and that sandwich looks yummy!...

    and yeah congrats on the awards..even I have lost track!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey - Lovely Chutney. Is that why they say Love Is Blind? :) J/K! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey siri the tomoato chutney rocks!!!its one of my fav chutney..love it..congrats on ur awards...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful story, wonderful chutney. I have not tried this combo before, tomato and coconut. I will try it out very soon.

    Thank you for your wonderful comments in my blog Siri. You truly make me feel very special.

    Recently only I saw your comments in Telugu. My mother tongue is also telugu only, but being raised in Tamil Nadu it's not as good as Andhra people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomato chutney is mouth watering! I am yet to make it and post it on my blog. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

    Priya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a very touching story,made me sentimental.....and the chutney looks yummy,will definately try it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sandwich looks delicsh Siri..yet to try this..and love the combination of tomato n coconut..lovely story too

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello rocking gurl ;)
    yet to send a mail to u .. had planned to actually.. anyhow yummy looking chutney re... and same pinch we both have a chutney for day 6:)
    but mine is way too simple...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Story goes well with ur hus chutney! Lucky girl, you are... Good one to try, the sand looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. girl..do make it clear to everybody that you are in the good old days of spinsterhood..hehehe...or have you got married without even telling me...:P..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats a very touching story,made me sentimental.....and the chutney looks yummy,will definately try it..

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovley, lovely chutney siri - thanks for sending it over to vegetables, beautiful vegetables!

    and good luck with the rest of the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Siri,

    Tried the chutney for today's dinner as side dish for dosa. It was so tasty. Especially my husband LOVED it. This is going to be a regular henceforth. Thanks so much for the recipe dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Siri
    I tried your chutney and we loved it,we ate with rice and with toast- it was amazing

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...