May 3, 2009

AWED: May edition

Image Credit: Scenery enroute from Batalegala - Kadugannawa Sri Lanka

"To me the beauty of Ceylon lies not so much in its blue seas and golden beaches, its jungles and its mountain peaks, as in its ancient atmosphere. There is no nation, from Egypt of the Pharaohs to modern Britain, in whose literature this island has not at some time been mentioned by one or other of its many names -- Lanka, Serendib, Taprobane, Cellao, Zellan, to recall a few. History lies buried in its sands, and ghosts of romance lurk among its bastioned rocks, for Lanka is very, very old."

~ D. J. G. Hennessy,
Green Aisles, 1949

Time sure flies. I can't believe its been almost an year that I last hosted my dear friend's lovely event - AWED. ..and this time I am back with another exciting theme for all of you and Yes, you guessed it right! in this month 's 'A Worldly Epicurean’s Delight', - we are touring through the scrumptious cuisine of 'the Pearl of Indian Ocean' - Sri Lanka :).



A simple google search came up with these links which provide us a varied variety of dishes that can be made out of this delectable cuisine. refer to this, this and this.



Here are some rules of participation:

1) Make any dish - Vegetarian (eggs allowed) and post the same in your blog and link back to this announcement and also to DK's blog. Feel free to use the logo.

2) Multiple entries are most welcome - the more the better!.

3) Take a snap of your yummy dish and send it across with any size.

4) Send me your Name, Recipe, Recipe URL, Photo to : info[dot]siri[at]gmail[dot]com

5) Last date for the entries are June 5th 2009.

6) Non-bloggers can also participate by sending their entries with the same details to the above email address.

Let's get cooking then.



signing off for now,
Siri

19 comments :

  1. Sri Lanka - thats really interesting. Love the food - lots of coconut milk and coconut and very similar to kerala and mangalore food. hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great I will surely be sending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. However AWED I have been with this event, I haven't managed to participate yet. Will surely try my best this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. great choice Siri. Happy Hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeh yeh..thats cool siri! I have been meaning to try srilankan cuisine and now for you I gotta try it babes :) I wanted to tell u something. challa urgenttu ka undhi....will send u mail :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely cuisine there .. Happy Hosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already something in my draft for AWED Srilanka, will surely try to send my entries soon Siri..Happy hosting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting selection..will surely participate..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last night I was looking at my Srilankan books!! Great choice but I will be on break from next week until June. Let me see if I can catch up just before June 5th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If i make something veg i will surely send.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love this. let me see what i can rustle up. there are many sri lankan recipes in 'mangoes an curry leaves" which i have.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great choice , i never cooked anything srilankan! I will try :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have something for you, and i am so excited!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't tried any Srilankan recipe..But will definitely try to send my entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I meant I had something for the event :D Sri Lankan dish :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw your comment on my blog and came over.:D
    So why are you not blogging these days, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have something for your event...and this blog has a great collection of recipes too...
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...