December 29, 2009

Chole Paneer

Oil+Onions+Garlic+Tomatoes+masalas] = Tomato-Onion gravy. (TOG)

..this tomato-onion gravy is such widely used gravy base for most of the north-indian curries. Any vegetable, legumes and meat based curries can be whipped up in minutes, if we just know how to make this TOG. My mom, used to even make this gravy upfront, pour them into ice trays and used to freeze them. Just heat these up, as-and-when-used...:)

Today's recipe uses this TOG base and I added chickpeas & paneer to it. Yum..:)



Chole-Paneer (Chickpeas with Indian Cottage Cheese)

Ingredients:

1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 cup paneer, cubed
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
fresh coriander
2 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
salt - to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/8 tsp turmeric
2 tsp oil

Preparation:

1. In a large pan, heat 1 tsp oil .add garlic, green chillies & onions. saute until golden brown. then add chopped tomatoes, cook until a little mush. Season with salt, turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Cook for 5-6 mins until all flavours blend well - together.

2. Add chickpeas and cook for 2 more mins. then add yogurt. Stir well. reduce heat.

3. In a separate pan, heat a tsp oil and saute paneer cubes until golden brown. drain on paper towels.

4. Add these paneer cubes to tomato-onion-chickpea mixture. Cook for 3-4 mins on low heat.

5. Finally add chopped corainder with lemon juice. It tastes awesome with rotis or chapathis :)

I just came home watching the movie of a lifetime - AVATAR 3D. I have just one word for it - 'magnificent'. It is just amazing how James Cameroon built this whimsical world of Pandora and trust me, you wouldn't want to come out of it.. It was B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.. Don't miss it.. watch it in 3D..:)

Today is Day Five of our recipe countdown to New Year.. 2010.. here we come!!!

Day Four - Basic Home-made Granola Mix
Day Three - Methi Pulao
Day Two - Stuffed Bell Peppers
Day One - Cheesy Brown Rice Cakes

Chao for now,



10 comments :

  1. Amazing flavor combinations..Paneer and chole! OMG!

    We are planning to watch the movie this weekend.

    Siri, I have got a issue with my feed..It's not uploading well and I just now saw that even your page shows a post I wrote 2 weeks ago..I am working on correcting it, but I have posted a recipe for the marathon today..Sorry about this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOG..:)I really don't know much recipes to cook without it.
    Paneer chole looks tasty.A very Happy year ahead, to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really yummy.. its my favorite two ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks yum...liked the combi of chole with paneer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I saw across your blog thr Nupur's blog updates on marathon.
    Chhole and Paneer are amazing combo and the dish looks yumm....I must definately try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paneer and chole is really the best of both worlds, Siri! Very nice recipe ... simple and delicious is exactly how I like my food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Siri. Will do what you wanted me to from tomorrow :)

    I am still in the learning phase and thanks for giving me that input.

    Lov how your are giving a link on recipes by everyone in this marathon..

    Hugs,
    Ruchikacooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sri,

    lovely dish and wish you a very happy new
    hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy and u have wonderful clicks in all recipes...

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...