August 10, 2010

Your recipes..through my lens I

In these almost 3 years blogging, I have learnt a lot from YOU bloggers out there. Can you believe if I say that I stepped into the kitchen when I was back in India only if my mom is sick or if she is out of town. Yes, I fall under the category of those daughters who are good-for-nothing when it comes to helping theirs mothers.

But, when I entered this alien country, for the first time in my life, I was all-alone. That's when I started experimenting with a variety of dishes , slowly baked my first home-made bread etc and rest is history!. :).

As a thank you to what I have learnt (am still learning) from my fellow-bloggers, from today on I am starting a new weekly feature called - Your recipes..through my lens (YRTML) where I would be showcasing one recipe and my experience(s) with it. I would post only a picture of it and any variations to the original dish. For the recipe details, you need to go the author's blog.

Let's kickstart with...



Vankaya-Potato Pulusu (Eggplant & Potato Curry) from Mahanandi (Indira)


Click here for the recipe.

Eggplant and Potato is a classic combination and if you add a touch of tangy tamarind to it, it becomes even more delectable. In Southern part of India, we make pulusu out of almost anything and everything. All of them taste equally yummy. :)

In the original recipe, Indira has used small, green eggplants. I have used long, chinese variety instead. and my curry is much more thick, which is the way we like at our home.

When served with hot rice, papad ,ghee and yogurt with this dish - there you have a one, complete satisfying meal in itself.

Enjoy.

[Update]: I am sending this as an entry to Nupur's Blog Bites 6.

Siri

8 comments :

  1. that is a great event Siri and what a beautiful thought has gone in it. Will look forward to all your weekly recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combination- and this version looks wonderful. Thanks for the entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely concept. Pulusu looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yum ...nice one Siri...wonderful entry

    ReplyDelete
  5. that really gr8 thought siri ,curry looks delicious ...my favorite combo ..amma used to make this for me ...yummy

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...