August 17, 2010

Your recipes..through my lens II

YRTML II : Hotel style Sambhar from Daily Musings (Indosungod).



Click here for the recipe

Sambar is like a staple food in our household and I always wondered why the taste differs from the ones that we get in hotels and restaurants. A little birdie told me that the magic is in a spice-paste. When freshly ground and added to our usual sambar, trust me when I say that it tastes exactly the same as the one served in hotels.

ISG's recipe is a keeper especially when you want to make a big batch for parties et al. though it takes a little extra time to grind the paste, the effort is well worth it. :)

I am sending this as an entry to Nupur's Blog Bites 6.

Siri

7 comments :

  1. would be perfect with idli n dosa, will surely try this out

    ReplyDelete
  2. great picture and obviously a keeper recipe. ISG is great when it comes to mouth watering recipes. love her blog and yours too dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that does look great and I love the idea of grinding the paste. I will surely give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. umm yummy like ur new header too,.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, this recipe is a keeper! Thanks for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Siri, I am so glad you like the recipe. You did mention the fact long time ago when you tried for the first time. Freshly ground spice paste is a delight whenever possible, not that I can live without my sambhar powder though :)

    ReplyDelete

'Thought is the blossom; language the bud; action the fruit behind it' ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

Note: Any comments with external links will not be published.

Siri

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...